Sunday, February 12, 2012

Can you get a ppd (tuberculosis test) when pregnant


Can you get a ppd (tuberculosis test) when pregnant?
I work in a hospital and I am required to get a ppd test. However, I am 6 months pregnant. Is this safe?
Pregnancy - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
You can have the PPD test, you just can't take the meds if your positive until AFTER you deliver. ETA ~ Its not recommended that you take the PPD in the 1st trimester...but your in your 2nd so your fine.
2 :
Yep you can, but if you're still not comfortable, then they cannot make you take the test until you deliver :) (I work in a hospital too and have 2 months to go before I can get mine) ...
3 :
I got a test done and it was just this band they put around my leg to check the flow. If it's the same one, it won't do any harm at all. I'm sure the hospital wouldn't do anything to harm you or your baby.



 Read more discussions :