Saturday, October 16, 2010

I came down with active tuberculosis which it looks like I contracted in ait will i be discharged from service


I came down with active tuberculosis which it looks like I contracted in ait will i be discharged from service?
I am also out of work and can't go to my guard duty or work until the dr releases me ,I also have damage to my lung because of it. And will the Army be held liable if I did?
Infectious Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Probably will get discharged if you have damage to your lung from it. They cannot discharge you until you are released, and they could give you some other type job in an office, but not sure if they will. It will not be dishonorable discharge, though.
2 :
my guess is you will be discharded, but because you say you got it in AIT, as long as you can prove it, you can claim it with the VA and get benefits for life... you can live a normal life with it too, i worked with a retired vet from vietnam who is a carrier and he has no real limitations, he just has to have a chest x-ray every 6-12 months to see how his lungs are doing, its only considered contagious while its active too so i don't know why your not in some kind of isolation or why the person you got it from isnt isolated either



 Read more discussions :