Friday, November 12, 2010

Does having tuberculosis reduce your life span


Does having tuberculosis reduce your life span?
Does it make you die faster? My grandpa has active tb and is visiting from one of those 3rd world countries, and my dad has diabetes. Because of my dads diabetes, he has a greater chance of getting tb. I dont want my dad to get it because I want my dad to live long. We received a letter from the health department saying that he has active but not contagious TB. Weve been trying to contact the number on the paper and leaving messages, but theyre not responding. He doesnt have insurance so I dont know what hospital will accept him.
Respiratory Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If you don't treat it.
2 :
If someone has active TB they need to get TREATED now and the county health dept needs to be alerted--this person could be infected thousands of people (other people's dads and mothers and kids)--this is not moral or fair. You need to either alert someone of convince your relative to contact & get treated. TB can cause death and a lot of serious infections besides just the lung kind



 Read more discussions :