Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tuberculosis? Is this true when it comes to work


Tuberculosis? Is this true when it comes to work?
I heard that if you test postive for TB then you can't work in a hospital and school setting even if the chest x-rays say that you are fine? How does it all work? I just got my TB shot and it swelled up. I'm pretty sure they will take X-rays of my chest to see what's goin on but my parents already told that I've done the chest x-ray and it will show that I am fine. On the other hand, my friend told me that by just getting the bump from the shot is enough that the hospital won't take you. Is there any truth to that? I thought I found a great job but I'm worried that I might not get it because of this. Please tell me what you know or have experienced.
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
There are other reason than TB that the test can be positive - for instance, one may have a reaction to one of the ingredients in it. That is what the x-ray is for - just wait and see....
2 :
There are actually about 4 different TB shot indicators for TB. If you have a reaction to one, make sure you write down exactly which TB indicator shot you received, then next time you get a TB shot get one of the other TB indicators that dont react with your body. On the probability that its a simple reaction, its something like one in 50,000 people that happens to So this is a pretty good indicator you have the disease. Not only can you not work in surrounds with people near you , there is a quarantine on work in most states and you are eligible for aid during this quarantine. Id be very concerned not to pass this to another family member so id avoid close proximity even with family members . This is a contagious disease and many of the strains are antibiotic resistant.
3 :
I'm in the health care field, and I've never heard of that before. If your TB test is positive (the bump is ~10mm or wider if you have normal immune system and >/= 5mm if your immune system is compromised), and your chest x-ray is negative, they'll just give you some med for 6-9months to make sure you clear the bacteria from your system. You probably can't be in the hospital if you have an ACTIVE TB



 Read more discussions :