Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Can I safely get a tuberculosis (mantoux) test while I am pregnant


Can I safely get a tuberculosis (mantoux) test while I am pregnant?
I am in the process of being hired for a new position and my new employer is requiring a tuberculosis test along with a regular physical. I am newly pregnant and do not want my new employer knowing just yet that I am pregnant. They will not accept the TB test I had in 2007 that was negative. Am I able to safely get a TB test while pregnant?
Pregnancy - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
yes its safe no worries ^_^
2 :
I dont know where you are from but here where Im from TB tests are required after you find out your pregnant your prenatal care doctor gives them to you.
3 :
yes, i did. I didn't tell them I was pregnant either. But my mom is a nurse and she said it's fine. And I didn't have any repercussions from it and my baby is healthy. I think I was almost 3 months when I got it down.
4 :
I've had to get a TB test every time I've been pregnant. My OB does the test. So, yes, it's safe



 Read more discussions :