Saturday, December 24, 2011

Can a person with Tuberculosis live a healthy, normal life


Can a person with Tuberculosis live a healthy, normal life?
My boyfriend just told me he has had TB for a year... He's been under treatment, so I'm not under risk of catching it. But He smokes, and I worry. He plays football, but sometimes he weakens a lot... I am terrified. Does this mean he'll die? Will he have it forever? Does TB still kill human beings in our time?? Can TB be cured or does it simply go into remission like cancer?? Will he develop resistance to the drugs??? Will I lose him? His mother died recently, does this depression imply that he'll weaken and he'll get sicker, even with the treatment??? Please help me!!
Respiratory Diseases - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
Presuming he is a healthy person in general, what he presumably has is latent tuberculosis. TB can be cured in about 90% of persons who are infected. A good site for an explanation of tuberculosis is at the link below.
2 :
If he doesn't have the disease, but is just infected, he should be alright. Smoking is damaging to your health whether you have TB or not, but I don't think it places him at any more risk of getting the disease. TB still kills people in our time, of course, but it's WAY more common in underdeveloped countries. Your boyfriend will be on antibiotics for a year probably before the TB bacteria is killed. You may have it too, by the way, if you have so much as kissed him



 Read more discussions :