Sunday, July 8, 2012

By shaking hands or sitting with TB(tuberculosis) patient can i also get the TB disease?plz tell me


By shaking hands or sitting with TB(tuberculosis) patient can i also get the TB disease?plz tell me?
My best frnd's mother have TB problem so can i get these disease frrom my frrnd?
Respiratory Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If the person is in an active state and highly contaminate at the time, then I have myself to blame for letting them contaminate me.
2 :
Since TB is an airborne disease cause by a bacterium (M. Tuberculosis) there is a possible chance you could catch it. That is why most waitresses and all nurses or inters are instructed to have a TB test before working. Sitting or shaking hands...i dont think there is a HUGE risk of you catching it. If she knows that she has it, that obviously means she is in a further state of it by now. If the patient sneezes or coughs by you and you breath that air, then yes, there is a chance of catching it. Hope i helped! One Love<3
3 :
TB is surprisingly HARD to catch and generally you need to live with an actively infected person for several months for you to become infected. I wouldn't worry



 Read more discussions :