Wednesday, February 24, 2010

If a person was successfully treated for Tuberculosis, could the disease come back


If a person was successfully treated for Tuberculosis, could the disease come back?
the person took their tb antiobiotics as prescribed for six months. Ms. Nurse, perhaps I could have worded my question differently but I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. I'm going to assume you have no answer.
Infectious Diseases - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If the treatment were successful, how could TB "come back"?? You've contradicted yourself.
2 :
i think you can contract it again:TB is not like some illnesses(chicken pox) that if you had it once, you become immune to it. I had chicken pox, mumps and all childhood illnesses. TB is unfortunately can be contracted at another time(its a bacteria, not a virus)
3 :
In the terms of treatment, the sickness is being subsided from its complications. Treated and cured is two different meanings. So to answer your question, it could come back if it was treated



 Read more discussions :